Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death and a leading cause of adult disability in the United States. The Stroke Care Center at Hillsboro Medical Center is recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for providing immediate and primary treatment of stroke.
Our stroke care team uses the latest medications and procedures to save lives and maintain a high quality of life for stroke patients. Treatment includes:
- Clot-busting drugs
- Laboratory tests
- Blood pressure checks
- CAT and MRI tests
- Timely appointments with a member of the stroke team
Symptoms of Stroke
Recognizing stroke symptoms and calling 911 immediately is critical to ensuring you or your loved one receives fast, lifesaving treatment. Just remember: BEFAST.
- Balance — Sudden loss of balance
- Eyes — Blurred or loss of vision
- Face — One side is drooping
- Arms — Weakness in either arm
- Speech — Slurred or trouble speaking
- Time — Call 911 immediately.
Stroke Update 2022
Dan Friedman, M.D., neurologist and director of the Stroke Care Center at Hillsboro Medical Center, discusses causes and signs of stroke, latest treatments, rehabilitation and prevention.