Pharmacy Residency Program
The Pharmacy Residency Program at OHSU Tuality Healthcare offers a one-year postgraduate program to help you build pharmaceutical care experience at a medical center, rooted in the community. Our program offers:
- Advanced training in clinical and operational pharmacotherapy care.
- Team-based care with pharmacist preceptors, physicians and nurses.
- Complex patient evaluation and management.
- Core and elective rotations, such as critical care, infectious disease and cardiology.
- Participation in hospital and pharmacy committees.
Ann Anthony, Pharmacy Director
Erik Borg, Residency Program Director
The residency is a well-round apprenticeship program that gives you real-world clinical pharmacy experience. This prepares you for a career in a hospital practice or to continue your advanced postgraduate training. As a resident, you will:
- Improve and manage medication-related care of patients.
- Build leadership and practice management skills.
- Develop project management skills.
- Be involved in pharmacy practice research.
- Participate in the management of medical emergencies.
- Collaborate with the health care team.
A unique experience
The unique setting of a medical center located in the community provides residents with a nurturing educational environment. OHSU Tuality Healthcare is a not-for-profit health care system based in Hillsboro, Oregon. The hospital has 167 beds and state of the art acute care services.
Tuality is affiliated with Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), the only academic health center in Oregon. OHSU treats the most complex health needs in the region and dedicated to advancing health sciences. This allows our patients access to world-class care in Hillsboro and the surrounding community.
A friendly community setting
The residency program is in Hillsboro, Oregon, only 20 miles west of Portland. The quaint downtown area is home to farmers markets, cultural festivals and craft breweries. Hillsboro is also the front door to wine country, with over 500 wineries.
If you like the outdoors, there are plenty of areas to hike and cycle or take a short drive to the Oregon coast. If the big city is your thing, hop on the Max Train next to the hospital and take a short ride to Portland for incredible live music, amazing food and our favorite bookstore, Powell’s books.