Financial Assistance

We assist patients with financial needs by providing discounts or by waiving all or part of the charges for services provided by Hillsboro Medical Center.

By law, all hospitals have to provide financial assistance to people and families who meet certain requirements. You may be able to get free care or pay less for certain services based on your family size and income, even if you have health insurance.

If you can, please ask for financial assistance before you get care. You can also ask during or after your care. You can apply for financial assistance for services up to 240 days after the first billing statement for those services, or 12 months after you have paid for them.

You may qualify if you:

  • Receive medically necessary care or emergency care.
  • Live in our service area, except for emergency care.
  • Meet income limits.
  • Go through screening for any medical assistance resources you may qualify for.

If you qualify, we will give you free or discounted care for up to twelve months. You can apply again if you need more care.

How to apply for financial assistance

Here are instructions and form to fill out for financial assistance:

OHSU Health Financial Assistance Policy

OHSU Health Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary

For help filling out the application, give us a call at 503-494-8551, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Mail completed forms to:

OHSU Health Financial Assistance
Patient Financial Services RPB07
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd
Portland, OR 97239
Fax: 503-418-2377

What other assistance is available?

Hillsboro Medical Center has staff that can help determine eligibility for Oregon Medicaid and assist with the application. You can reach them at 503-681-1012.

What if I’m denied financial assistance?

If you are denied assistance after providing an application and verification documents, and you believe the determination does not accurately reflect your current situation, you may appeal. To request an appeal, please complete the form below saying why you feel the determination was not appropriate and include further information and clarification.