Braner Family Safety Resource Center
The Braner Family Safety Resource Center at Hillsboro Medical Center is part of the OHSU Doernbecher Injury Prevention program dedicated to keeping children safe.
We offer safety education and resources, including:
- Free educational materials and sales of low-cost safety supplies
- Virtual and in-person services supporting safe sleep, safe homes, safe travel and safe play
- Safety education and classes for caregivers, providers, schools and partner agencies
- Support for qualifying low-income families to access reduced cost resources
- Community outreach to increase local access to safety-related education, resources, services and support
Car Seat Education: A certified child passenger safety technician is available to meet with you to provide education, technical assistance, and guidance on the installation and use of your child safety seat.
Home Safety Consultations: You can talk with one of our injury prevention educators to learn more about home safety. They will share resources, troubleshoot concerns, and make suggestions for safety-related products to ensure your home is a safer environment for children.
Infant Safety Consultations: If you are pregnant or have a newborn, our virtual consultations can help with best practices for your baby’s safety. You can talk to them about safe sleep, basic childproofing, and traveling with your baby.
Safety Products: Families living in our community (Western Washington County) can order safety products from The Braner Family Safety Resource Center over the phone and schedule them for pickup at the main entrance of Hillsboro Medical Center (pickup timelines and further details provided at the time of your order).
Inpatient Support: We have an injury prevention health educator at the Women’s and Children’s Center and NICU providing support to families and staff to ensure children are discharged safely from Hillsboro Medical Center.