Becoming a Volunteer
The volunteer program at Hillsboro Medical Center is built around people of different backgrounds that are committed to providing a compassionate, healing environment for our patients and their families. Volunteers in the healthcare mission are placed in a variety of settings, where they spend their time and talents serving patients, families, and staff.
At this time, Hillsboro Medical Center is not accepting new volunteer applications. We will update this page when we are seeking new volunteers again.
- Yes, HMC employees can volunteer. However, employees will be assigned outside of their department of employment and may be subject to a Position Description review by VSD + HR.
- Our minimum commitment for volunteers is a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week.
- Yes, you can volunteer as much as you can.
- Yes, once an active volunteer has committed to 26 shifts, they are eligible for a job shadowing opportunity.
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Services department at
(503) 681-1489 or Volunteer.Services@tuality.org