Residents work closely with dedicated preceptors in all aspects of pharmacy. The resident experience involves a combination of supervised, progressively more complex and independent patient evaluation and management functions.
You’ll participate in:
- Safe, effective and compassionate patient care.
- Developing an understanding of ethical, socioeconomic and medical/legal issues that affect the practice of pharmacy.
- Educational activities that include teaching and supervising students, participating in orientation and other educational programs.
- Committees and councils that you’re appointed or invited to.
- Applying cost containment measures in patient care.
- Internal medicine
- Critical care
- Infectious disease
- Transition of care
- Ambulatory care
- Pharmacy practice administration
- Emergency medicine
- Inpatient geriatric psychiatry
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Medication Safety Committee
- Hospital Committee Service
Compensation and benefits
- Salary – Residents receive an annual salary, paid every two weeks.
- Insurance Coverage – A resident may participate in one of the group health insurance programs sponsored by Tuality Healthcare and elect to participate in other group insurance programs offered, such as vision and dental.
- Vacation –80 hours (10 days) of annual paid time off.
- Other Benefits – Free on-site parking.