Residents work closely with dedicated preceptors in all aspects of pharmacy. The resident experience involves a combination of supervised, progressively more complex and independent patient evaluation and management functions.
You’ll participate in:
- Safe, effective and compassionate patient care.
- Developing an understanding of ethical, socioeconomic and medical/legal issues that affect the practice of pharmacy.
- Educational activities include teaching and supervising students, participating in orientation and other educational programs.
- Committees and councils that you’re appointed or invited to.
- Applying cost containment measures inpatient care.
- Internal medicine
- Critical care
- Infectious disease
- Transition of care
- Ambulatory care
- Pharmacy practice administration
- Advanced critical care
- Geriatric psychiatry
- PGY1 Residency Project
- Drug Information
Compensation and benefits
- Salary – Residents receive an annual salary, paid every two weeks.
- Insurance Coverage – A resident may participate in one of the group health insurance programs sponsored by Hillsboro Medical Center and elect to participate in other group insurance programs offered, such as vision and dental.
- Vacation –80 hours (10 days) of annual paid time off.
- Other Benefits – Free on-site parking.