The OHSU Hillsboro Family Medicine Residency program accepts eight residents per year. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) starting Sept. 15, 2021. Interviews for the 2021-2022 season will again be conducted virtually November – January with the possibility of on-site open houses depending on COVID restrictions.
People with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
Diversity at OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center means creating a community of inclusion. We respect, embrace and value contributions and perspectives of employees, patients, students, volunteers and our local and global communities. Diversity includes age, color, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race religion, sexual orientation, diversity of thought, ideas and more
Requirements for Application
- Candidates must pass USMLE or COMLEX Step 2 prior to February 1, 2022.
- Candidates who completed medical training before May 2020 must have recent, hands-on, US clinical or equivalent experience with significant patient care responsibilities.
- All candidates must be eligible for employment at OHSU at the time of hire.
- All candidates must qualify for a limited medical license through the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners.
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada prior to 2022 must have a complete, valid ECFMG certificate at the time of application.
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada in 2022 must have successfully passed USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS at the time of application and be eligible for the ECFMG certificate at time of graduation.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following:
- Personal Statement: discuss why you have chosen Family Medicine for your career goal
- Three Letters of Recommendation: One should be from a family medicine or primary care physician
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
- Participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
All positions will be filled through the National Residency matching program (NRMP).
OHSU Tuality Healthcare uses the AAMC Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO, previously known as VSAS) to receive visiting M.D. and D.O. student applications. For more information regarding VSLO, please visit the VSLO website or contact 202-478-9878.
Read the OHSU Visiting Medical Student webpage to learn more about visiting student opportunities.
For any additional information regarding family medicine rotations at OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, please contact Rebecca Van Ness.