The OHSU Hillsboro Family Medicine Residency program accepts eight residents per year. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) starting Sept. 1, 2022. Interviews for the 2022-2023 season will again be conducted virtually November – January with the possibility of on-site open houses depending on COVID restrictions.
People with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
Diversity at Hillsboro Medical Center means creating a community of inclusion. We respect, embrace and value contributions and perspectives of employees, patients, students, volunteers and our local and global communities. Diversity includes age, color, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race religion, sexual orientation, diversity of thought, ideas and more
Requirements for Application
- Candidates must pass USMLE or COMLEX Step 2 prior to February 1, 2023.
- Candidates who completed medical training before May 2021 must have recent, hands-on, US clinical or equivalent experience with significant patient care responsibilities.
- All candidates must be eligible for employment at OHSU at the time of hire.
- All candidates must qualify for a limited medical license through the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners.
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada prior to 2023 must have a complete, valid ECFMG certificate at the time of application.
- Candidates graduating from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada in 2023 must have successfully passed USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS at the time of application and be eligible for the ECFMG certificate at time of graduation.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following:
- Personal Statement: discuss why you have chosen Family Medicine for your career goal
- Three Letters of Recommendation: One should be from a family medicine or primary care physician
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
- Participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
- Interviews for the 2022-2023 recruitment cycle will be conducted virtually in accordance with OHSU GME guidance.
- Only ERAS Applications will be accepted.
- We have no graduation year cut-off.
- All candidates will be selected through the NRMP match.
- We have no minimum score requirements for the USMLE or COMLEX exams, passing on the first attempt is preferred.
- Observerships and research experience will not be considered for clinical experience requirements.
- Applicant must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization. Common visa types at OHSU are the F1, H1B, and J1 visas.
Hillsboro Medical Center uses the AAMC Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO, previously known as VSAS) to receive visiting M.D. and D.O. student applications. For more information regarding VSLO, please visit the VSLO website or contact 202-478-9878.
Read the OHSU Visiting Medical Student webpage to learn more about visiting student opportunities.
For any additional information regarding family medicine rotations at Hillsboro Medical Center, please contact Rebecca Van Ness.
Follow us on Social Media