Student Placement Process
Thank you for your interest in a clinical placement at Hillsboro Medical Center. To be eligible, a student must be enrolled in an educational program that requires hospital experience before graduation with an accredited school that has a current Affiliation Agreement and Certificate of Insurance with us.
To begin your request, Clinical Education will need the following items for each student and cohort faculty at least 2 weeks prior to the requested start date: (If Full Epic Access is being requested, 4-6 weeks prior)
*Nursing Student documents should be uploaded to Acemapp*
- Completed Student Placement request form.
- Immunization records: Required; Hep B series, MMR, Tdap, and Varicella. *Recommended; Polio
- Receipt for annual seasonal flu vaccine: Required between Oct. 1 – March 31
- TB screening results: Tuberculosis TB Skin Test or IGRA Blood test within CDC guidelines.
- Substance abuse 10-panel drug screen results: Must include screens for the following eight substances: Amphetamines, including methamphetamines; Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines; Cocaine; Marijuana; Methadone; Opiates; Phencyclidine.
- Criminal background check: Must include Social Security Number trace, state/national criminal background history, sex offender registry check, and OIG LEIE check.
- Current insurance and liability coverage: Students or health profession programs must demonstrate that students have; Professional liability insurance coverage and general liability insurance coverage, or a combined policy that includes professional and general liability coverage.
- Documentation of the following training:
a. CPR/Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers with AHA standards
b. Student familiarity with OSHA-recommended safety guidelines
c. Bloodborne Pathogen training (OSHA)
d. Fire and electrical safety
e. Personal protective equipment
f. Hazard communications and Infection prevention practices
- Acknowledgment that the student has read and understands the most current Clinical Student Handbook
- Completed a Student Confidentiality form.
Visit the State of Oregon for details regarding OAR requirements for health profession students undergoing clinical training
Please send all documents to Clinical.Education@tuality.org