Pregnancy care with Family Medicine
At Hillsboro Medical Center’s Primary Care South Hillsboro, many of our family medicine doctors offer continuous primary care as your family grows. You’ll find:
- A team specifically trained to provide pregnancy care as part of your primary care.
- Support for your personal needs and birth plan.
- Same-day appointments for maternity patients, and 24/7 advice by phone.
- Delivery at Hillsboro Medical Center’s Family Birth Center.
- Seamless access to specialists and resources if you need.
- Clinics that see people of all ages. Your family, including your new baby, can receive care in the same place.
- Clinics that are certified medical homes.
Patients we treat
Our primary care incorporates your pregnancy into your overall health care. Your family medicine doctor will help you access the services you need, when you need them. Your doctor will take you through each trimester, deliver your baby and help you recover after your child is born.
- A team that works together and builds a long-lasting relationship with your family, from before conception to after delivery.
- Support for natural births, vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) and cesarean births.
- On-site lab tests for quick results.
- Access to urgent care in person or online if your provider is not available.
- Referrals to OHSU’s maternal-fetal medicine doctors or other specialists if needed.
- Care delivered with respect to your cultural background and in your preferred language.
Pregnancy and childbirth are major milestones. And a relationship with a primary care provider is important throughout your life, not just during pregnancy.
Your primary care team is your first stop for checkups, screenings, minor illnesses and injuries, and other care to maintain your health.
Our team has broad expertise in family medicine with a special focus on pregnancy. By providing pregnancy care alongside your primary care, we tend to your overall health and well-being. That means we can tailor care to your health needs as your family grows.
You can see us for:
- Counseling and education before, during and after pregnancy
- Prenatal visits
- Ultrasounds to determine your due date
- Options to manage pain throughout pregnancy
- Natural, alternative and traditional pain management for childbirth
- Treatment for postpartum depression, anxiety and other mental health issues
If you need to visit a specialist or go to the emergency room, we stay connected to your care. Whether you see providers at Hillsboro Medical Center, OHSU or another location, we’ll review your records and follow up.