Stroke Care Center
Stroke is the fifth leading cause of death and a leading cause of adult disability in the United States. The Stroke Care Center at Hillsboro Medical Center is recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for providing immediate and primary treatment of stroke.
Our stroke care team uses the latest medications and procedures to save lives and maintain a high quality of life for stroke patients. Treatment includes:
- Clot-busting drugs
- Laboratory tests
- Blood pressure checks
- CAT and MRI tests
- Timely appointments with a member of the stroke team
Symptoms of Stroke
Recognizing stroke symptoms and calling 911 immediately is critical to ensuring you or your loved one receives fast, lifesaving treatment. Just remember: BEFAST.
- Balance — Sudden loss of balance
- Eyes — Blurred or loss of vision
- Face — One side is drooping
- Arms — Weakness in either arm
- Speech — Slurred or trouble speaking
- Time — Call 911 immediately.