Family Birth Unit
The Family Birth Unit provides you with a wonderful place to give birth. You and your family will have a team of experts with you every step of the way.
We focus on giving you the best possible birth experience by offering:
- Personalized care from a friendly and caring team.
- Skin-to-skin contact with your baby immediately after delivery.
- “Rooming-in” to allow time to bond with your baby.
- Nursing staff certified in Neonatal Resuscitation and STABLE (certifications supporting your newborn from the first few breaths of life).
- A family-centered environment to support the birth of your baby.
- A level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies born 32 weeks or greater with moderate-level health issues like jaundice and feeding issues.
Our birthing suites
The birthing suites are a comfortable and safe environment to deliver your baby. Each suite includes:
- Large, private birthing suites with jetted tub/shower combo
- Secure unit for your newborn’s safety
- Wi-F and in-room TV
- Family waiting room with free coffee
- Family kitchen with snacks for you
Take a tour
Take a free virtual tour of the Family Birth Unit and the hospital. You’ll learn when to arrive, where to park and see the birthing suites and other facilities. Call 503-681-1628 for more information about virtual tours. Here’s a sneak peek of the tour.
We’re a Baby-Friendly® Designated birth center that provides support for breastfeeding mothers. Our lactation services help new parents get breastfeeding off to a good start. Beginning with a hospital visit at birth, a certified lactation specialist works with you to encourage successful and stress-free breastfeeding from pregnancy through the first year.