Family Birth Unit
The Family Birth Unit provides you with a wonderful place to give birth. You and your family will have a team of experts with you every step of the way.
We focus on giving you the best possible birth experience by offering:
- Personalized care from a friendly and caring team.
- Skin-to-skin contact with your baby immediately after delivery.
- “Rooming-in” to allow time to bond with your baby.
- Nursing staff certified in Neonatal Resuscitation and STABLE (certifications supporting your newborn from the first few breaths of life).
- A family-centered environment to support the birth of your baby.
- A level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies born 32 weeks or greater with moderate-level health issues like jaundice and feeding issues.
Our birthing suites
The birthing suites are a comfortable and safe environment to deliver your baby. Each suite includes:
- Large, private birthing suites with jetted tub/shower combo
- Secure unit for your newborn’s safety
- Wi-F and in-room TV
- Family waiting room with free coffee
- Family kitchen with snacks for you
Take a tour
Take a free tour of the Family Birth Unit and the hospital. You’ll learn when to arrive, where to park and see firsthand the birthing suites and other facilities. See upcoming tour dates and times.
Here’s a sneak peak of what you’ll learn on the tour.
We’re a Baby-Friendly® Designated birth center that provides support for breastfeeding mothers.
Our lactation services help new parents get breastfeeding off to a good start. Beginning with a hospital visit at birth, a certified lactation specialist works with you to encourage successful and stress-free breastfeeding from pregnancy through the first year.