Family Birth Unit
The Family Birth Unit provides you with a wonderful place to give birth. You and your family will have a team of experts with you every step of the way.
We focus on giving you the best possible birth experience by offering:
- Personalized care from a friendly and caring team.
- Skin-to-skin contact with your baby immediately after delivery.
- “Rooming-in” to allow time to bond with your baby.
- Nursing staff certified in Neonatal Resuscitation and STABLE (certifications supporting your newborn from the first few breaths of life).
- A family-centered environment to support the birth of your baby.
- A level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies born 32 weeks or greater with moderate-level health issues like jaundice and feeding issues.
Our birthing suites
The birthing suites are a comfortable and safe environment to deliver your baby. Each suite includes:
- Large, private birthing suites with jetted tub/shower combo
- Secure unit for your newborn’s safety
- Wi-Fi and in-room TV
- Spacious waiting room for family and friends
- Meal delivery to room from hospital Café for you and your significant other three times a day
Healthy Beginnings program
The Healthy Beginnings program is designed to help expecting parents navigate the pre-natal and post-partum services provided by our hospital and local community. A Healthy Beginnings ambassador will:
- Introduce you to our newly remodeled Women’s and Children’s Center
- Answer questions about our birth center’s services and policies
- Walk you through the necessary steps to help you prepare for your delivery. (Classes, car seat checks, community resources, etc.)
There is no cost for the program. Provider Referral is required.
Take a tour
Take a free virtual tour of the Family Birth Unit and the hospital. You’ll learn when to arrive, where to park and see the birthing suites and other facilities. Call 503-681-1628 for more information about virtual tours. Here’s a sneak peek of the tour.