The certified nurse-midwives at Hillsboro Medical Center provide support for the birth of your baby based around your individualized plan. They focus on physical and emotional support throughout your pregnancy cycle. You receive:
- Expert support for the natural processes of birth.
- Experienced, highly trained nurse-midwives.
- Well-woman care that focuses on your physical, emotional and social well-being.
- Immediate access to health care specialists at the hospital, if needed.
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) program.
Our nurse-midwives are highly trained, licensed and certified health care professionals that offer:
- Free “Get to Know You” appointments
- Personalized birth planning
- General gynecology services: annual exams, basic gynecological care, contraception management and menopausal care
- VBAC: Vaginal birth after cesarean as an option for women who have had a previous cesarean birth
- Pain management: A wide array of approaches to keep you comfortable during your labor and birth experience including epidurals, water immersion, and nitrous oxide
- Nutrition counseling
- Risk assessment and counseling
During your pregnancy, you’ll work closely with one or two midwives for all of your prenatal care. A midwife who is new to you may be on duty when it’s time to have your baby.
Midwives also work closely with Hillsboro Medical Center doctors and specialists to assure you the best care possible.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives, information about midwives and philosophy of care
- Share with Women, downloadable handouts from the American College of Nurse-Midwives