Childbirth Preparation - Virtual
Date: Mondays September 2 and September 9, 2024
Cost: $95 per couple
Registration Required: Yes
About this class
Meet on-line over 2 Mondays. During these sessions you will learn about all aspects of childbirth including: changes in your body during late pregnancy, the labor and birth process, signs and stages of labor, options for coping and pain management, possible complications, your body’s recovery and how to prepare.
Welcome to Childbirth Preparation!
Whether you’re feeling excited, nervous, or a mix of everything in between, Hillsboro Medical Center’s Parent Education program will help you prepare for your baby’s arrival.
To get started, we’ll talk about:
- Demystifying the stages of labor and birth: We’ll delve into the physiology of pregnancy & birth, explaining each stage in detail so you can anticipate what’s to come with clarity and calm.
- Discovering pain management options: From natural birthing techniques to medical interventions, we’ll explore the full spectrum of options available to help you manage discomfort and work with your body during labor.
- Creating a birth plan: We’ll guide you through crafting a personalized plan that reflects your preferences and communicates your wishes to your care team.
- Empowering your partner or support person: We’ll include helpful tips and strategies for your partner or other loved ones to actively participate and provide vital support throughout your birthing journey.
- Ask anything sessions: We’ll create a safe and supportive space where you can voice your concerns, fears, and hopes, and receive expert guidance from our team.
More than just information, Childbirth Preparation is about building confidence and empowerment. Our goal is to help you approach childbirth with knowledge, optimism, and a sense of control.
Our classroom is food and beverage friendly, so bring your snacks, a pillow or two, a pen and paper and we promise you won’t leave disappointed!
A tour of the Hillsboro Medical Center birth center is offered.
Explore our other resources including:
Hospital tours: Parking, registration, see ‘The Room Where It Happens’, our amenities and meet our team.
Wide array of class offerings: Comfort Measures in Labor, Breastfeeding, Newborn Care, Newborn Sleep
Individual consultations: Discuss your specific needs and preferences with a childbirth educator.
Baby Club: Connect with other expecting parents in a safe and encouraging environment.
Category: Childbirth & Parenting